Friday 3 August 2007

Welcome

Hey there, whoever the heck you are! This is my first attempt at one of these blog things. This is where I shall share my love of things which I think are cool ( and hings I think are not so much) such as art, music, film etc etc. I shall update when I have more time but for now here are some videos of bands I really like to keep you occupied! Enjoy!

Cat Power - Metal Heart


Cat Power - The greatest singer in the world ever and the most beautiful woman in the world as well ( well at least in my opinion..) If you don't know anything about Cat Power, AKA Chan Marshall then go find out...NOW!!! There shall be a lot more of this woman in the future on this blog (it's named after one of her songs so you realise how big a fan I am of hers) but for now here she is playing the highlight from her 1998 album, "Moon Pix", Metal Heart. If this doesn't get your emotions going then I hope your dead....

Cult Of Luna - Back To Chapel Town

I saw this song on really late one night when I was half-pissed and it blew my mind. I'm not a metal-head (You'll realise this when my blog comes on a bit more) but I do have a soft spot for the good stuff and this is definitely it. COL play something similar to Isis with huge riffs and growling vocals but this song has a tendency to take me away to some apocalyptic world where this would be the last thing to hear before you die....Enjoy =D


Sunny Day Real Estate - Song About An Angel

I like Emo music (eekk!). And before you jump away from this page know this; when I say Emo I mean proper Emo music. This is none of the naff novelty pop-punk going about just now trying to describe itself s Emo (I'm looking at you Fallout Boy and Paramore!). No, this is the good stuff, the original emo music that was closer to indie and college rock than anything else. This track is taken from their first album titled "Diary" and is a beautiful song. I shall do a lot more SDRE in the future...

The Young Knives - We Are The Also Rans

To finish off I thought I'd get something a bit more light-hearted and so here are British indie-rock band The Young Knives singing about mediocrity in the current British Indie scene(hey have a right you know..it's shit other than them). This was one of their b-sides but I love it. This band are charmingly witty and their album "Voices Of Animals And Men" was one of the best of 2006. Anyways I'm quite drunk and also a bit tired so I'll leave you to it!

2 comments:

gabbagabbahey said...

hey David just having a look through your blog... some interesting stuff here. Especially interested in your 'emo' strand. As you can probably tell from my own blog, I prefer the more abrasive hardcore stuff, but I dig the indie stuff too. Especially Jawbreaker.

Neither am I a fan of SDRE... there's something about the guys voice which stops me listening to Diary all the way through... but that just my taste. That is a beautiful song, anyway.

David said...

thanks for the comment...yeah I got into SDRE about 10 months ago and I've been slowly working my way through all the emo bands from their time and before (including Jawbreaker).It's bands like Cap'n Jazz and Constatine Sankathi that I'm really into at the moment though...I think my next post shall be CS actually so keep checking and you may find something closer to your liking ;)