Monday 1 October 2007

Cadence Weapon And Final Fantasy



These mp3's are the result of a CBC Radio Live session collaboration between Final Fantasy (AKA Oweb Pallet; a modern genius) and Cadence Weapon (who's album "Breaking Kayfabe", is joint top of my Albums Of 2007 list). Being the two greatest musical exports from Canada (yes, I'm even counting The Arcade Fire in this..there's no way they're better than either of these guys) the collaboration is a great idea considering the artists music couldnt be further away from one another but this collab works well on so many levels as the beats in Weapon's songs are replaced by the wonderful violins of Pallet and it turn Final Fantasy's songs are re-worked with Owen singing over big brutal electro beats.Beautiful stuff...would love an album but if it never happen's we'll always have these!

CBC Radio Session

2 comments:

gabbagabbahey said...

thanks for your comment on Dan Deacon... unfortunately when I was trying to make a TINY edit I accidently deleted the whole thing.

But anyway, I agree variety is good. Hence I should try and pick up some hip-hop etc from your blog

Cheers, gabba

PS. Are you going to Envy in November? I see they are coming to Glasgow.

David said...

ohhhh...could be a good one =] I'm sure my mate will pull me along to it since we're not going to see Boredoms now =[

Was at Maximo Park tonight for all I dont like the band that much (was a mate's birthday present) but they where suprisingly good.

I hope you manage to get that post up again...the tune is starting to fade and I need another fix!

peace
Davie