Sunday 30 September 2007

Subtitle - Young Dangerous Heart




Young Dangerous Heart is the first full length album by Los Angeles based rapper, Subtitle, released in 2005.



At the moment I've been going through quite the hip-hop phase(aswell as a hardcore-punk one but the two seem to fit well together anyway).I cant say I was ever really that much of a hip-hop fan until I heard A Tribe Called Quest's "The Low End Theory". I've always had a hatred of the 50 Cent/Snoop Dogg style of rap, that gangster tinged mainstream tosh but ATCQ blew me away and showed it wasnt all bad.

Enter Subtitle, the rapper/producer who is well known for his production and collabarations with various artists from different genres. Subtitles (real name Giovanni Marks)solo work, however, is just as good as any of the work he has done. I've been listening to his 2005 album "Young Dangerous Heart" on repeat for pretty much the last three days. It's an amzing record...one of those pieces of music that you know when the first track kicks-in, you know your in for something special. Subtitles lyrics are smart and quick and he uses various beats to keep songs like "Gio-Graph-Ick" stuck in your head for days.Anyways I guarantee you'll love this record if you have an open mind about music so go hunt it down.And if you want more convincing, try the tracks I've uploaded to get a feel for the album.

I'm hoping for a new mixtape for the next post but I dont have a clue when I'll be able to get that done so keep checking back here for more updates!


Two tracks from "Young American Heart"
Leave Home and another Young American Heart

No comments: