Sunday 26 August 2007

Alfaro Vive, Carajo!



I've already mentioned how big an At The Drive-In an I am in an earlier post but I wanted to share a bit more from one of the band's I hold close to my heart. Unfortunately I never saw ATD-I or had even heard of them until their demise(I was a nu-metal kid!).However I think I have made up for this since I have pretty much all of their back catalogue. Anyways, if you don't know who they where At The Drive-In where a post-hardcore band formed in El Paso, Texas. It was made up of Cedric Bixler-Zavala(Vocals), Omar Rodriguez-Lopez (Guitar), Paul Hinojos (Bass Guitar), Jim ward (Guitar and Vocals) and Tony Hajjar (Drums).Alfaro Vive, Carajo! was the band's second EP and shows them at their rawest. The band eventually split in 2001 as a result of many problems within the band and outside it. Jim and Tony with Paul eventually formed the band Sparta, a more typical rock band, but Paul has since Joined Omar and Cedric's new band The Mars Volta who play a mix of progressive rock with hints of Latin and Experimental rock.

Alfaro Vive, Carajo!

No comments: